Set Apart

It is probably too late for me to be sharing my thoughts in a "public" forum, but I'll take the risk:) This was a really great week, all in all. It was one of those weeks where I was completely evident that God is personal and He is personally in my life . (Would you like to know God personally? I legitimately have an app for that, now, and yes, I did pull out my KGP booklet app when sharing with high schoolers so they'd think I was "relevant") I digress. But for reals, I see the Lord working in my life and in the lives of those around me in a very real way. He keeps waking me up in the morning, sending me to the gym for "Riding through Ephesians" as I've now dubbed it, convicting me of my tendencies to connect w/others or receive a laugh at the expense of making someone look bad, how impatient and ungracious I am when someone asks me a question I don't want to answer, and how I love food more than I do obedience (it's just so tasty NOW, ya know? and san diego is FULL of delicious Mexican food...who could resist?)

He is also allowing me to have REALLY sweet conversations with the women here about their lives, lies they believe, wrong views they have of God and themselves, their identity in Christ, and almost everyday I get to preach the gospel to myself and others.Girls are confessing things they wanted to take to the grave, they're wrestling with sinful tendencies, and they're running to the cross. On top of that, they're faithfully going out to share their faith when things are hard. It is amazing. And I think much of this is a direct answer to prayer. It's evident: He is at work.

I'm reading through the book "Fireseeds of Spiritual Awakening" by Dan Hayes and am becoming more and more convinced that God wants us to pray and when we do, He shows up in big ways. Now, I know this isn't a new concept, but to be honest, I've never been prayer's biggest cheerleader. I mean, I love it, I do it, but more in the "we should probably pray because Christians do and I know we need to display our need for Him" camp and less of the "let's hold a 24 hour prayer meeting that will lead to world-wide revival" visionary. But, by God's grace, I think my view is changing. I really do think God wants us to be on our knees, asking Him to work. I think He is calling us to repentance and to humbling ourselves, and I believe He has great things planned. He is so faithful and I'm grateful. And if you need proof:

You know I love East Asians, right? Well, I do. A lot. Still stalk them in grocery stores when I see them. Well, this summer I'm focusing on reaching Latinas for Christ, which is cool, but I've missed my EAsians. Praise the Lord, at our family dinner we actually had 3 students from SDSU come to eat w/us! That's tripling our numbers from last week:) In God's sweet way, I actually met a girl named Shi Ping, who was born in East Asia and her family moved to Mexico when she was 5. That's right, a Chinese-Mexican girl from Tijuana studying at SDSU. That's what we call the best of both worlds, my friends. God is faithful:)

So, the point of all this? God's at work and I like it a lot. I'm excited to see what all He does.
And, now here are some things I'm looking forward to this week:
-A Women's Time about Relationships!
-Leading a little pep-rally based on "Fireseeds" Monday morning
-Teaching the project (and reminding myself) about Listening Skills
-Tuesday night Bstud and FroYo
-Wed-Date Night w/Jesus
-Thurs-talking about the Holy Spirit at our Destino Meeting
-Meeting w/the super great girls I get to disciple/coach
-A weekend adventure with our team
-Killing the Giants Week---really stepping out and asking God to do more than we could ever ask or think
-more Mexican food....I'm a sucker for it.

It's hard to believe there are only a couple weeks left here. Who knew I'd love it so much?!

Comments

aww so I started reading back through these after our texts...I love that the Lord gave you a Chinese Mexican friend!

Popular Posts