Watch and Be Amazed

I'm writing this post from a hideout in my bedroom in San Diego. It has been quite the process of getting the first-ever Destino summer project together. With me I have an amazing team of staff and a great group of students, but I find more and more I'm comforted by the fact that I have a God who is able to do abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine.

Several times I've found myself near anxiety, wondering how this project is going to come together. And my tendency is to strive to look to my own limited experience, to think of every possible scenario and come up with perfect solutions, but I am simply incapable. As I've been talking w/the Lord about all this, I can hear Him softly whispering to me the words He said to Habakkuk "watch and be amazed. i'm about to do something among you wouldn't believe, even if you were told". So, that's what I'm going to strive to do...to abide in Christ, walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, and watch how He will bring this summer project together. And surely, there will be no doubt who will be glorified and exalted and worshipped this summer.

So, whether all the students are stranded on campus with only peanut butter to eat, whether we have the perfect ministry strategy to reach Hispanic students on campus, whether we have compelling Bible studies or whether the students leave having had the summer of a life time isn't that important. That's not the measure of success. I'm going to fight to believe a successful summer is one where we seek Christ, follow Him and wait for Him to do AMAZING things. That's my prayer. I'd love for it to be yours as well!

Now, 20 more minutes of hiding before our team gets together for the very first time.

Comments

Popular Posts