Dating on Project...Jesus.

So today I went to the ocean for my "Date Night w/Jesus". For those of you not familiar with dating the Savior of the world, this isn't an awkward small talk with God's Son over some
dinner that you're only eating half-of the amount you'd usually eat whilst worrying whether you have bits of food stuck in your teeth....it's getting away for a couple hours to spend time with Jesus. We built 2 hours a week into the schedule where the whole team of 19 would be spending time with the Lord simultaneously. Tonight I played the "staff card" and used the project car, the Toyota Yaris (which I'm pretty sure is in the "clown car" family) and headed to the Pacific for sunset. Unfortunately, the "May Gray" prevented me from actually seeing the sunset, but it was great to sit on the rocks and watch the waves pound against the rocks, to hear the sound of the crashing waves, and to just enjoy nature. Not that I'm a huge nature gal, but it really is great to see how expansive and huge God is. And maybe it is just me, but I feel like you are required to read from the Psalms when you are enjoying God's creation. So, I did the trusty "flip to a Psalm and hope for the best" method, the biblical version of Russian roulette, and I landed on Psalm 93, which I found very fitting.

The Lord Reigns

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty;
the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt.

Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
Your throne is established from of old;
you are from everlasting.

3

The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
the floods have lifted up their voice;
the floods lift up their roaring.
4
Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
the Lord on high is mighty!

5

Your decrees are very trustworthy;
holiness befits your house,
O Lord, forevermore.

Isn't it amazing to think that God is mightier than the waves of the sea. I thought this particularly amazing as I looked at rock formations that had been shaped and molded by the repeated thrashing of the waves...I was reminded that no matter how cold, or stone-like the heart, the Lord is still able to shape and mold it. He is mighty.

As I talked with students on campus today, some very uninterested Buddhist girls from Vietnamese backgrounds, as well as some more open girls from typical white American and Mexican-American backgrounds, I realized that if God is going to move on this campus, He is going to do it! He is mighty to build a movement, even if it is hard to find students on campus during summer school. He can change a heart that is seemingly distant and unresponsive to Him. He is mighty. And I am excited to see how He moves at SDSU, and in my heart, as well!

I also realized that my camera on my phone w/its special effects makes me feel like a regular hipster photographer. I may or may have not spent 10 minutes of my "date" taking pictures. So, all that said, I hope you enjoy a little of the amazing creation our mighty God has made.


I should also mention that to get to this view, I may or may not have walked down a staircase that also moonlighted as a port-a-potty. I'm sure there are spiritual metaphors, but let's just say it...my sandals now smell like urine. Worth it? Oh yeah.

Comments

Let me just say that I always love you, but the first several sentences of this one make it really easy. :) you crack me up. and do you realize the ridiculous things I have to type in to comment and prove I am not a robot?

Popular Posts