I finally found my sugar daddy!

So I was reading my Bible in Panera last Thursday when this older gentleman approached me and initiated a conversation.

Him: "I see you're reading your Bible."
Me: "Yes, yes I am" glancing at him with a furrowed brow.
Him: "So how do you feel about Jesus?"
Me: The brow furrows higher. "Well, I like him so much I made a living out of telling people about him."
Him: "Oh, what do you do?"
Me: "I work with a campus organization called CRU. Are you familiar with it?"
Him: "I am. In fact, I was on the original team that funded the ministry. Do you happen to need any financial support?"
Me: Unbelieving I look at him and reply, "In fact, I need $400/month."
Then he pulled out a check book and finished me off right then and there.

Sound unbelievable? Well, that's because it's a complete lie. I wish I had this ridiculous tale to tell about how all my financial support came in. Actually, I wish I could just remember how it all came in. All I know is that I was trying to convince my support coach to let me go to East Asia for spring break and then next thing I know I was going to East Asia and I was done with support. And now I'm "on campus" with my head still spinning around trying to catch my breath and "get" what just happened.

I am so grateful for all the people who made sacrifices to financially support the ministry I get to be a part of at Ball State and am amazed at the Lord's provision. Although I'm not sure why He chose the timing He did, I trust that He's going to be the one to catch me up to speed.

So this week I'm getting adusted to full-time ministry in the States and I'm going to the Every Student Conference (formerly Life Options) in Indianapolis (Katie, Emily, want to hang out???)

Music recommendation of the day:
Brooke Fraser-the entire Albertine album. Her lyrics are pure poetry and the vocals are to die for.

Comments

Yay yay yay! And my punishment for not checking your blog daily is to miss hanging out with you. Call me next time you're in Indy!
Unknown said…
Dude I just discovered your blog!

Popular Posts